On many occasions we have raised money for the charity, and had great fun, baking cakes that look like breasts.
When you bake a cake:
1. You choose the ingredients you need
2. Measure out the amounts of those ingredients
3. Bake the cake, it rises nicely in the oven and you enjoy.
This is very similar to breastfeeding support. There are many different aspects (ingredients) to support e.g. information, reassurance, sharing a story, practical help, and motivation.
1. You choose your ingredients.....some information, and reassurance
2. You measure out that you need .....a little information and lots of reassurance
3. When you bake your cake you feel informed and reassured. You have baked your favourite breastfeeding support cake and enjoy it.
1. You choose your ingredients.....specific practical advice and much needed motivation.
2. You measure out that you need however you are running short on motivation so include extra information instead.
3. However, when you bake your cake it comes out flat and not he perfect cake you hoped for.
At lactation Motivation we want to help you bake your favourite breastfeeding support cake. All mothers require different types of support, in different amounts, and at different points in their journey.
This raises the questions.....how would you like yours?
Think about the ingredients that you already have, and the ingredients that need then pop along to Motivation Monday or Midweek Motivation and we will help you measure out your ingredients and bake your perfect cake.