Annual General Meeting
08.02.18 7pm @ Terrington St. Clement Children Centre.
Present: Lauren Burrison, Maddy Grantham, Annie Vanstone, Jo Ayres, Mandy Wagg, Tracey Rix, Teresa Leggett, Jayne Cozens, Emma Kandjou, Sophie Watson, Jeanette Nowrung
Apologies: Baby Sensory, Kate Davies (Norfolk Knitters).
· Mandy reviewed on number of volunteers and current offer using flyer
· Maddy has been able to change midweek motivation to 12.30-13.30 instead of 4-5pm
· Fakenham group will be on Monday afternoons 12-1pm and run by Annie Vanstone a the Parish church and Rector Francis Mason has gifted us the room kindly after a mother and toddler group. Mandy has thanked him.
· Online two videos have been put together by Mandy, Sophie and Briony. Lots of great comments and 13k views.
· Positive feedback is received in general 9/9 scored 90% of the time saying they would recommend us to a friend. 98% they breastfed longer, 33% heard about us from a healthcare professional and 23.5% heard about us online. 17% heard about us from the children centre.
· PLAN: update impact of business cards. Are mums hearing about us from these? Are they needed?
· Lots of verbatim comments were read out by Mandy. Only one constructive piece of feedback regarding allowing dads at the group. The pros and cons of dads at the group was discussed and it was unanimous that dads were very welcome and in fact very important to the mother’s journey.
· Discussion around DBS checks regarding recruitment. All new volunteers can be checked through the children centre at this stage.
· Merchandise discussed and orders available through the webpage.
· Charity riles regulations and policies discussed.
· Annual report has been submitted and discussed. Available for all to read today and will go up online to show transparency.
· Safeguarding policy up to date and online.
· Complaints procedure complete and will go up online.
· Each motivation mum to sign the role description (Do’s and Don’ts).
· Treasurers report: Balance £542.64, Donations £+65.78, Fundraising £+134.52, Tesco £+1000, Insurance £-295, Website £-47.88, Equipment and advertising £-314.68.
· Suggestions- Annie suggested Christmas tree event @ Fakenham
· Mandy thanked everyone with flowers and wine.
· Fakenham: 7 mums interested, Annie is going to meet them and support training/ charity objectives and training.
· Training: Past difficulties with group session due to availability. Many has designed a training portfolio to be developed by the peer supporters. Training will therefore be in their own time and guided by slides and scenarios direct with IBCLC. All training is followed up with a practical skills review as per usual.
· Discussion around copyright and new data protection laws.
· All motivation mums to have a knitted breast.
Any other business: Sophie showed the hamper she had made and to be raffled at mother care. Emma thanked everyone for their hard work.